Monday, January 06, 2014

Mama Mia Bestia



imagesI cursed several times out loud like a true Angeleno would do, when I got completely lost looking for this downtown Italian osteria of the edge of the L.A. River.  I’ve spent most of my life driving the streets and finding this place was not an easy feat. By the time I got there, my nerves were shot and I was more than ready for a stiff drink. The handsome bartender( most of them were) hand-crafted for me a wickedly delicious and potent Vodka cocktail.  As I looked around, the place is heaving with people. Wow, who would have thought this city is buzzing at 9pm on a Sunday night? The menu is tasty, eclectic, adventurous and worth the drive. There’s a heavy emphasis on the house cured meats, Acunto wood fired oven pizzas and a nice selection of home-made pastas.  Feeling daring? Then, try the chicken gizzards or the grilled lamb heart. 



No comments:

Post a Comment